HCMC listed among best cities for street foods
Published: 04/02/2012 01:49
"banh xeo", one of Vietnamese famous foods beside "pho," "banh mi," and spring roll
“Saigon's street foods range from the savory soup known as pho and the French colonial–influenced banh mi (pâté sandwiches on French bread) to regional southern specialties like banh xeo(stuffed pancakes),” the magazine wrote on its website foodandwine.com.
“A trip to the mega-size Ben Thanh Market could yield spring rolls, spices and a knockoff handbag.”
The other cities are Austin, Los Angeles and Chicago in America, Bangkok in Thailand, Berlin in Germany, Istanbul in Turkey, Mexico City in Mexico, Hong Kong and Marrakech in Morocco.
Published by American Express Publishing Corporation since 1978, Food & Wine features world’s recipes, cooking tips, travel information, restaurant reviews, chefs, wine pairings and holiday content.
Provide by Vietnam Travel
HCMC listed among best cities for street foods - Vietnamese Food - Food & Drink | vietnam travel company
You can see more
- Pig skin cake, a traditional food in southern Vietnam
- Khuc cake (banh khuc), a traditional food of Hanoian.
- Must-try street food in Ho Hoan Kiem street, Hanoi
- Vietnamese prawn and noodle salad with lime, lemon grass and ginger dressing
- Cao Lầu – Hoi An style noodle with pork and greens
- Enjoying specialty of Hai Phong city: Tamarind crab
- "Chè khúc bạch” – a new and strange sweet gruel in Hanoi
- Enjoying Fried Rice Flour Cake
enews & updates
Sign up to receive breaking news as well as receive other site updates!
- Tourism sector enhances management of travel, tour guidance
- Vietnam's Seas and Islands Week 2017 to be held in Ca Mau
- HCM City gets ready for Reunification Day celebrations
- Sea-island tourism - Future of tourism sector
- Discover mushroom-house in Y Ty
- Exploring Lai Chau with community tours
- Discover daily life in Hanoi Old Quater
- Tourism price competitiveness slipping
- Ha Long - Quang Ninh Tourism Week 2017, no carnaval to be held
- Multicolour Dong Van market, Ha Giang
http://www.vietnamtourism.org.vn " Vietnam Tourism: Vietnam Travel Guide, Culture, Travel, Entertainment, Guide, News, and...
http://www.minmaxtravel.com/ " Customize & Book Vietnam tours, Cambodia tours and Laos tours with Travel Experts. Read...
http://travel.org.vn " Vietnam culture
http://www.visithalongvietnam.com/ " Halong Bay Vietnam, visit halong vietnam, all cruise in Halong bay,
http://www.nccorp.vn " Vietnam travel, vietnam travel news, vietnam in photos
http://www.vietnamtourism.org.vn " The official online information on culture, travel, entertainment, and including facts, maps,...