Enjoy snack foods in Hanoi
Published: 28/02/2013 10:15
Most Hanoi lovers hope to enjoy snack foods and their most iconic wintry dishes are nem chua ran (fried fermented pork), banh mi thit xien (grilled pork with toast), or banh chuoi (fried banana cake) when winter is coming.
The best food shop is a common thing to see formally dressed gentlemen sitting in low chairs for their breakfast bowl of pho—an interesting Hanoi eating style. But we are not talking about pho or bun cha, since these great dishes have been introduced to the world many times over. This beautiful city has a lot more to offer those who want to eat like a local.
Pieces of Nem chua are peeled from their banana leaf wrappings, skewered on bamboo, and grilled over charcoal. Customers sit on plastic chairs while eating and watch the bustle of the streets. The spicy, sour, sweet, and peppery flesh tastes especially apt in winter’s freezing air. This dish is especially popular among teenagers, who are lucky enough to remain undaunted by its somewhat oily nature.
Provide by Vietnam Travel
You can see more
- Nine Most Popular Vegetables of Vietnam
- Lists of cheap junk foods in Hanoi
- Enjoy Vietnamese Yellow Sticky Rice With Fried Shallots – “Xoi Xeo”
- “Bun Dau Mam Tom”: It’s Worth A Try
- Unique cuisines of Vietnam’s Central Highlands
- Cao Lau Noodles in Hoi An
- Don’t Be Scared – Enjoy Hades’ Rice
- Grilled egg cake with onion
enews & updates
Sign up to receive breaking news as well as receive other site updates!
- US veteran sculpts the pain of VN past
- A tour of Buddhist temples in Truong Sa
- Bottled green tea market to be remapped by the big guys?
- Mai Chau listed on list of top 10 interesting destinations in American newspaper
- Quang Nam – Land of Culture, and extraordinary people
- Da Lat seeks to sweep away made-in-China specialties
- Exploring Nhi Thanh Grotto
- Kashima Antlers to bring nine national players to Vietnam
- Online sellers & buyers swindle each other
- Strange rock to be removed from Hung Kings Temple
http://www.vietnamtourism.org.vn " Vietnam Tourism: Vietnam Travel Guide, Culture, Travel, Entertainment, Guide, News, and...
http://www.minmaxtravel.com/ " Customize & Book Vietnam tours, Cambodia tours and Laos tours with Travel Experts. Read...
http://travel.org.vn " Vietnam culture
http://www.visithalongvietnam.com/ " Halong Bay Vietnam, visit halong vietnam, all cruise in Halong bay,
http://www.nccorp.vn " Vietnam travel, vietnam travel news, vietnam in photos
http://www.vietnamtourism.org.vn " The official online information on culture, travel, entertainment, and including facts, maps,...