Enjoy snack foods in Hanoi
Published: 01/03/2013 03:15
Most Hanoi lovers hope to enjoy snack foods and their most iconic wintry dishes are nem chua ran (fried fermented pork), banh mi thit xien (grilled pork with toast), or banh chuoi (fried banana cake) when winter is coming.
The best food shop is a common thing to see formally dressed gentlemen sitting in low chairs for their breakfast bowl of pho—an interesting Hanoi eating style. But we are not talking about pho or bun cha, since these great dishes have been introduced to the world many times over. This beautiful city has a lot more to offer those who want to eat like a local.
Pieces of Nem chua are peeled from their banana leaf wrappings, skewered on bamboo, and grilled over charcoal. Customers sit on plastic chairs while eating and watch the bustle of the streets. The spicy, sour, sweet, and peppery flesh tastes especially apt in winter’s freezing air. This dish is especially popular among teenagers, who are lucky enough to remain undaunted by its somewhat oily nature.
Provide by Vietnam Travel
Enjoy snack foods in Hanoi - Vietnamese Food - Food & Drink | vietnam travel company
You can see more
- Must-try street food in Ho Hoan Kiem street, Hanoi
- Vietnamese prawn and noodle salad with lime, lemon grass and ginger dressing
- Cao Lầu – Hoi An style noodle with pork and greens
- Enjoying specialty of Hai Phong city: Tamarind crab
- "Chè khúc bạch” – a new and strange sweet gruel in Hanoi
- Enjoying Fried Rice Flour Cake
- Nine Most Popular Vegetables of Vietnam
- Lists of cheap junk foods in Hanoi
enews & updates
Sign up to receive breaking news as well as receive other site updates!
- Health benefits of lime
- Saigontourist runs promotions at Tourism Day 2017
- Cooperation expanding between Havard University and Vietnamese universities
- Ban Gioc Waterfall- an impressive beauty
- Charity golf tournament for kids 2017 ready to tee off
- WIPO supports Vietnam to develop national strategy on intellectual property
- Banks struggle to raise capital
- Wine Valley Homestay in Da Lat
- Vietnam Airlines inks tourism promotion deal, Hai Phong City
- Vietnam Junior Fashion Week 2017 to open in HCM City
http://www.vietnamtourism.org.vn " Vietnam Tourism: Vietnam Travel Guide, Culture, Travel, Entertainment, Guide, News, and...
http://www.minmaxtravel.com/ " Customize & Book Vietnam tours, Cambodia tours and Laos tours with Travel Experts. Read...
http://travel.org.vn " Vietnam culture
http://www.visithalongvietnam.com/ " Halong Bay Vietnam, visit halong vietnam, all cruise in Halong bay,
http://www.nccorp.vn " Vietnam travel, vietnam travel news, vietnam in photos
http://www.vietnamtourism.org.vn " The official online information on culture, travel, entertainment, and including facts, maps,...