Vietnamese cuisine attract tourists
Published: 26/02/2013 11:03
Once established, the national trademark “the World’s Kitchen” will draw people from all the five continents to explore Vietnam’s culture through local cuisine.
Vietnamese food, with a wide range of delicious dishes bearing the hallmarks of each region, is close to all Vietnamese people and even satisfies those from other countries.
Popular dishes appear on the menus of high-end hotels inside and outside the country.
It’s very important to include cuisine in tourism development plans, especially for Hanoi which boasts plentiful and delicious dishes such as pho (rice noodles served with beef or chicken), nem (spring rolls), bun thang (rice noodles with chicken, fried egg, lean meat pie), cha ca La Vong (grilled fish pies), banh cuon Thanh Tri (steamed rice rolls), pho cuon Ngu Xa (rolled rice pancakes) and banh tom Ho Tay (shrimp cakes).
Stressing the quintessence and unique cuisine of Hanoi, Pham An Tuyet, owner of a restaurant on Ma May Street, said delicious food is the key to drawing tourists back to the country.
She said her restaurant is not only a place to introduce the gastronomy of Hanoi to tourists but also provides an opportunity for them to make Vietnamese dishes.
However, such a tourism model like Tuyet’s restaurant is not popular, although industry insiders recognise its advantages and attractiveness.
How to develop the cuisine culture into a special tourism product and a national trademark is a hard question for tourism managers.
To realise the idea, the Vietnam National Administration of Tourism (VNAT) recently assigned Vietravel Tourism Company to build a project to develop the Vietnamese gastronomy.
According to Ky, a chain of restaurants will be built to introduce local dishes to tourists in Vietnam. Meanwhile, in the international arena, relevant agencies will work with associations of Vietnamese chefs to popularise the Vietnamese gastronomy and develop its image.
In addition, Vietnamese food will be introduced at fairs and cultural events, he added.Once approved by the VNAT, “the World’s Kitchen” national trademark will be completed by 2020, and bring Vietnam to the world.
Provide by Vietnam Travel
You can see more
- Nine Most Popular Vegetables of Vietnam
- Lists of cheap junk foods in Hanoi
- Enjoy Vietnamese Yellow Sticky Rice With Fried Shallots – “Xoi Xeo”
- “Bun Dau Mam Tom”: It’s Worth A Try
- Unique cuisines of Vietnam’s Central Highlands
- Cao Lau Noodles in Hoi An
- Don’t Be Scared – Enjoy Hades’ Rice
- Grilled egg cake with onion
enews & updates
Sign up to receive breaking news as well as receive other site updates!
- US veteran sculpts the pain of VN past
- A tour of Buddhist temples in Truong Sa
- Bottled green tea market to be remapped by the big guys?
- Mai Chau listed on list of top 10 interesting destinations in American newspaper
- Quang Nam – Land of Culture, and extraordinary people
- Da Lat seeks to sweep away made-in-China specialties
- Exploring Nhi Thanh Grotto
- Kashima Antlers to bring nine national players to Vietnam
- Online sellers & buyers swindle each other
- Strange rock to be removed from Hung Kings Temple
http://www.vietnamtourism.org.vn " Vietnam Tourism: Vietnam Travel Guide, Culture, Travel, Entertainment, Guide, News, and...
http://www.minmaxtravel.com/ " Customize & Book Vietnam tours, Cambodia tours and Laos tours with Travel Experts. Read...
http://travel.org.vn " Vietnam culture
http://www.visithalongvietnam.com/ " Halong Bay Vietnam, visit halong vietnam, all cruise in Halong bay,
http://www.nccorp.vn " Vietnam travel, vietnam travel news, vietnam in photos
http://www.vietnamtourism.org.vn " The official online information on culture, travel, entertainment, and including facts, maps,...