HCMC seeks capital for hi-tech park
Published: 07/03/2013 11:04
Speaking at the meeting between local authorities and the management board on Tuesday, Le Manh Ha, vice chairman of the HCMC People’s Committee, said that the board should establish a special mechanism soon to attract private-sector capital.
Local government approved the second phase of SHTP late last year with total investment capital of over VND8 trillion. The project will be implemented between now and 2020.
However, the management board said that this park must speed up infrastructure development to attract investors, especially big companies in high-tech industries.
Therefore, the board is seeking approval to invite the private sector to join in the process of developing the park’s infrastructure and functional sections.
Besides the State budget, SHTP will mobilize various sources such as loans, BT (build-transfer) capital and private capital sources to develop projects like supporting industries zone, logistics zone, management and service area and workshops for lease.
SHTP is considering assigning investors to level the land they lease in this park instead of giving them cleared land as before. The park will use the State budget to develop necessary works such as traffic, water drainage, water and electricity supply.
With these plans, SHTP hopes to shorten infrastructure construction time in the second stage to meet demands of investors.
Le Bich Loan, deputy head of SHTP management board, said that investors have occupied most of the first stage of SHTP on a total area of 300 hectares.
Ten investors have registered to invest in the second stage with 613 hectares, but infrastructure of the park is not ready for their investment projects.
This year, the park expects to lure 6-10 projects with registered capital of US$160 million. Its export revenue is expected at US$2.7-3 billion.
SHTP will also launch programs to attract investment in the scientific space zone, the Internet City and expert housing area.
Last year, the management board granted licenses to 10 projects in the fields of IT, high-tech services, research and development. These projects had combined capital of over VND111 million, or 69.5% of last year’s target.
Provide by Vietnam Travel
HCMC seeks capital for hi-tech park - Sci-Tech News | Vietnam travel | Vietnam in photo | vietnam travel company
You can see more
- Wind power in Vietnam: three problems may shrink investors back
- Online sellers & buyers swindle each other
- Vietnam’s first remote sensing satellite launched after delay
- Vietnamese big guys vie with one another to distribute “eaten Apple”
- Broadcasters provide services below cost prices to attract more subscribers
- Vietnamese companies try to make money with garbage
- VN, Cuba to Cooperate Further in Biotechnology
- Gas hydrate and Vietnam’s choice
enews & updates
Sign up to receive breaking news as well as receive other site updates!
- Gentle Vietnamese girls in ao dai
- Retail giants target Vietnam
- First Korean language weekly newspaper makes debut
- “Super moon” due this weekend
- Vietnam honoured for achievements in poverty reduction
- Publishers lower book prices to lure customers
- Preservation of Duong Lam Village urged
- Khmer traditional musical instruments revived
- VAFI: Two credit rating agencies suffice for VN
- Vietnam play Japan at Asian Futsal Champs
http://www.vietnamtourism.org.vn " Vietnam Tourism: Vietnam Travel Guide, Culture, Travel, Entertainment, Guide, News, and...
http://www.minmaxtravel.com/ " Customize & Book Vietnam tours, Cambodia tours and Laos tours with Travel Experts. Read...
http://travel.org.vn " Vietnam culture
http://www.visithalongvietnam.com/ " Halong Bay Vietnam, visit halong vietnam, all cruise in Halong bay,
http://www.nccorp.vn " Vietnam travel, vietnam travel news, vietnam in photos
http://www.vietnamtourism.org.vn " The official online information on culture, travel, entertainment, and including facts, maps,...