Phu Quoc Island Vietnam Information
Published: 15/09/2011 06:18
Phu Quoc is called the island of "99 mountains" because of its many sandstone chains gradually descending from the north to the south. The longest one is Ham Ninh which stretches for 30 km along the eastern edge with its highest peak called Mt. Chua (603m).
Phu Quoc has a monsoon sub-equatorial climate. There are two seasons in the year: the rainy season (October only) and the dry season (November to September). The average annual rainfall is 2,879 m and the average temperature is 27oC. Trips to Phu Quoc can be made all year round, but the best time is dry season when the sky is always sunny, clear and blue.
Phu Quoc is also called the Emerald Island because of its natural treasures and infinite tourism potential. The island is well known for its high-quality fish sauce; Phu Quoc fish sauce smells particularly good since it is made from a small fish, ca com, with a high level of protein. The island produces 6 million liters of fish sauce every year.
Phu Quoc Island has many harbors such as An Thoi and Hon Thom where international and domestic ships anchor. Also, there are several historical sites on the island: National Hero Nguyen Trung Truc's military base, King Gia Long relics from the time he spent on the island, and Phu Quoc Prison.
Off the coast of the island emerges a group of 105 islands of all sizes. Some of them are densely inhabited such as Hon Tre and Kien Hai, 25km from Rach Gia. Visitors can spend time on the beach or hike while observing the wild animals.
It is possible to reach the island by either plane or boat from Rach Gia, Ho Chi Minh City ( 1 hour by plane), Rach Gia (2,5 hours by hydrofoil).
Provide by Vietnam Travel
Phu Quoc Island Vietnam Information - Vietnam Travel | Vietnam travel | Vietnam in photo | vietnam travel company
You can see more
- 10 Most fascinating activities for a visit to Phu Quoc island (part 2)
- Picking plums in Moc Chau
- 10 most fascinating acitivities for a visit to Phu Quoc (Part 1)
- Go backpacking in Tam Coc – Bich Dong (in Ninh Binh city) in the best backpacking time
- Conquering “the spine of dinosaur”
- Exploring Ba Na with four seasons a day
- Pho Cao – an ideal destination for young people
- Camping in Dong Cao plateau
enews & updates
Sign up to receive breaking news as well as receive other site updates!
- Gentle Vietnamese girls in ao dai
- Retail giants target Vietnam
- First Korean language weekly newspaper makes debut
- “Super moon” due this weekend
- Vietnam honoured for achievements in poverty reduction
- Publishers lower book prices to lure customers
- Preservation of Duong Lam Village urged
- Khmer traditional musical instruments revived
- VAFI: Two credit rating agencies suffice for VN
- Vietnam play Japan at Asian Futsal Champs
http://www.vietnamtourism.org.vn " Vietnam Tourism: Vietnam Travel Guide, Culture, Travel, Entertainment, Guide, News, and...
http://www.minmaxtravel.com/ " Customize & Book Vietnam tours, Cambodia tours and Laos tours with Travel Experts. Read...
http://travel.org.vn " Vietnam culture
http://www.visithalongvietnam.com/ " Halong Bay Vietnam, visit halong vietnam, all cruise in Halong bay,
http://www.nccorp.vn " Vietnam travel, vietnam travel news, vietnam in photos
http://www.vietnamtourism.org.vn " The official online information on culture, travel, entertainment, and including facts, maps,...