Sapa - A great place for trekking tours
Published: 03/03/2013 10:43
Sapa is situated in the country’s northwest at an altitude of 1,600 meters. In the early 20th century the French took advantage of Sapa's cool climate, developing it into a summer retreat from the heat and humidity of Hanoi.
Today, Sapa town still retains its European feel, largely due to the French architecture and gardens and today is a popular destination due to its beautiful scenery and colorful ethnic people. Sapa town is reached via a winding 40km road from the town of Lao Cai.
The drive provides a taste of what is to come as the road winds its way up through lush rice-terraced valleys and breath-taking scenery passing several different minority villages along the way. The valleys surrounding Sapa are home to several of Vietnam’s 54 ethnic minority groups, each with their own distinctive dress, customs and dialects.
These tribes can all be seen at the weekend market in Sapa town to trade with one another. Sapa has also become a destination for travelers seeking adventure for Vietnam travel. It is a staging point for trekking in the nearby valleys and for climbing Mount Fansipan, Vietnam's highest peak as well as motorcycle rides in to the wild hill country. Extended treks to visit villages of minority tribes are also available.
Places of interest
Indochina's highest peak, Mount Fansipan is only 9km from Sapa town and climbing to its summit is one of Asia's most challenging adventures. The trek takes visitors through tiny remote villages and areas of rainforest.
Hilltribe Villages (Ta Phin, Ta Van, Lao Chai, Cat Cat)
Shorter treks are also very rewarding, and within just a few hours walkers can be in villages that have seen few foreigners. The hill-tribe peoples in this area of Vietnam wear colorful traditional dress as a matter of daily routine and all follow their traditional agricultural way of life which has remained unchanged for centuries.
Provide by Vietnam Travel
Sapa - A great place for trekking tours - | Vietnam travel | Vietnam in photo | vietnam travel company
You can see more
- Tam Singh Travel - the great travel agency
- Asiana Travel Mate - a famous travel agency in Hue
- 7 days Cambodia – Thailand Tour (From Ho Chi Minh City) with Rac Travel
- A tour of Linh Ung pagoda
- Vietnam tourism with top notch tours
- Lac hamlet – Home-stay tour
- Travel services in Vietnam tours
- Travelling to An Giang
enews & updates
Sign up to receive breaking news as well as receive other site updates!
- 6 percent GDP growth rate may be unattainable
- Fuel price, excursion fee hikes counteract tourism promotion programs
- Overseas Vietnamese wins TV's Master Chef
- Striker Cong Vinh plays for a J-League club
- Vietnamese prawn and noodle salad with lime, lemon grass and ginger dressing
- Tour operators launch lucrative promotions
- Vietnam's US trade surplus hits new heights
- The vestige - Gia Long waterfall
- Great landscape in Moc Chau
- An excursion on still water in Van Long
http://www.vietnamtourism.org.vn " Vietnam Tourism: Vietnam Travel Guide, Culture, Travel, Entertainment, Guide, News, and...
http://www.minmaxtravel.com/ " Customize & Book Vietnam tours, Cambodia tours and Laos tours with Travel Experts. Read...
http://travel.org.vn " Vietnam culture
http://www.visithalongvietnam.com/ " Halong Bay Vietnam, visit halong vietnam, all cruise in Halong bay,
http://www.nccorp.vn " Vietnam travel, vietnam travel news, vietnam in photos
http://www.vietnamtourism.org.vn " The official online information on culture, travel, entertainment, and including facts, maps,...