Two dead in Hanoi bar fire 

Published: 11/07/2011 05:00


A firefighting truck in front of the EZ Club (Photo: VnExpress)

Two men died from smoke inhalation after fire erupted in a popular shisha bar in Hanoi’s Old Quarter, on Thursday, newswire VnExpress reported.

According to eyewitnesses, a group of welders were working on the second floor of the EZ Club on Ma May Street at around 5 p.m.

Sparks may have fallen into the furniture on the first floor and set off the blaze, they said.

After flames tore through the club, five firefighting trucks arrived at the scene and spent two hours battling the blaze.

The two dead bodies were identified as Nguyen Khac Duc, a 19-year-old welder, and Nguyen Van Hoan, a 49-year-old electrician.

Several people were injured and rushed to the hospital.

The EZ Club is a popular place for shisha smoking among young Hanoians.

Thanh Nien News

Provide by Vietnam Travel

Two dead in Hanoi bar fire  - Business - News |  vietnam travel company

You can see more

enews & updates

Sign up to receive breaking news as well as receive other site updates!

Ads by Adonline